Monday, September 17, 2012

Hope for a Better Tomorrow...and some New Releases!

You ever have one of those weeks that NOTHING goes right? Well, I am having one of those years. Seems like everything in my life is falling apart. It started with the heat pump leaking water all over the carpet, then went to the kitchen wall collapsing due to termite, heat and water damage and ended with the bathroom toilet springing a leak and flooding the ENTIRE hallway. Then, just when I thought NOTHING else could possibly happen, my youngest daughter's beloved pet bird and our second car.....died.  Now, the death of the bird has effected us all pretty bad, but the death of the car is DEVASTATING!! Trying to get three working people to their assorted jobs by 8:00 in the morning when we all work in different directions...well, it isn't so easy. Needless to say, I had one of those weeks that makes you want to throw in the towel and just say "I quit!"

I was talking to a friend of mine when I was reminded that as bad as it seems right now, there are others that have it worse than I do. We are all relatively healthy, we have a house and food to eat...we still have one car and are at least, not having to LIVE in it, and I have HOPE that all things will get better. 

Hope doesn't always come easy for every one. It's so easy to look at the bad things in your life that you sometimes forget that there ARE some good things. When times like these occur, I have people in my life that I know were planted here by God himself, to remind me that there ARE some good things happening; that God DOES give us hope; and that all I have to do is let go of my self pity long enough to look around and recognize it. 

This week, I decided to focus on the GOOD things. The things that make me want to live instead of give up. My family and friends are just two on the long list of things I have to be thankful for. God did not promise me that there would be no bad days in my life, or that I would never hurt for money or want for anything, but he DID promise that if I turned my life over to him, HE would give me the strength to get through the bad days and that is something that I can count on...even in my weakest moments.

My hope for YOU this week is that you find the strength you need. When things seem out of control and you feel like giving up; when the weight of raising a family and paying the bills gets overwhelming; or when our earthly body is weak and in need of rest, remember that even when everything things seems lost, that GOD has control and it is through Him that you can find the peace and the calm that you need to get through it,,,, whether it is one day or what seems like forever! Jesus says "Come unto me all ye that are laden and I will give you rest." I, for one, am going to be taking him up on that promise! I need the rest.

Since I had such a hard time last week(I will be the first to tell you that I just curled up every night in bed and lost myself in a book so I wouldn't have to think about it) I am a little behind on this weeks new releases from my some of my favorite designers! I would be remiss however, if I didn't show them to you today since you can still pick most of these up at the sale price!

First off, if you missed September's SOUL webinar on the 12th, then you missed a fabulous interview with Amanda Heimann! We found out we lived only three hours apart..AND that she supports a football team that, although I could really care less if she supports them, my family does, so we are no longer aloud to talk to each other! LOL. I am teasing. I will talk to her behind their backs because I really like her!!  She seems very grounded, a good ole' Texas girl..tough on the outside and tender on the inside...and she has a good sense of humor...especially when it comes to cows. 

I also did a demo on some of my very favorite title techniques! I MIGHT have gotten a little long winded, but gosh..there was a LOT to share with you, so much so that I think I might have to put together another class...just about Titles..so be looking for that in the near future! 

If you joined us in the webinar, you got Amanda's fabulous new alpha for FREE!! However, if you want this excellent alpha for your own collection and you were not able to attend, then you can pick it up at Scrap Orchard for 20% off this week! 

Essentially: Everyday by Amanda Heimann

 
and here is my layout using Amanda's kit Carefree and the alpha (recolored)


Also this week , Bella Gypsy released THREE new kits! I only had time to scrap with two of them...but they really are some of my favorite layouts...EVER!!!

Perfectly Imperfect


Perfect To Me by Bella Gypsy Designs 
 Gimme Layers 31 by Cluster Queen Creations


Enjoy the moment

 Slow Down by Bella Gypsy
Gimme Layers 14 by Cluster Queen Creations

Little Green Frog Designs also had a new releases this week! I loved them so much, I scrapped with TWO of the templates!


Genuinely You! 

 Genuine by Jennifer Labre
Gooseberry Fool
by Little Green Frog Designs

Lazy Days

 Indian Summer by Chelle's Creations
Indian Summer Plaids
by Chelle's Creations
Gooseberry Fool
by Little Green Frog Designs

The Pursuit of Happiness

The Pursuit of Happiness by Amy Stoffel
Half Pack 58: Photo Focus 20 by Cindy Schneider 

Also at Sweet Shoppe Designs, Jady Day Studio had a few more re-releases just in time for all of the fall fun! 

Give Thanks

 Autumn Fun - Give Thanks by Jady Day Studio
Technobabble by Little Green Frog Designs

Our First Halloween

All Treats No Tricks Template Pack by Cindy Schneider
Autumn Fun-Ghoul Night by Jady Day Studios

 
and finally, although it isn't a NEW release, it IS still new...I just didn't get to work on it because of all the stuff going on at home! BUT..I LOVE this new kit!
 

Got Cache?

Adventure Awaits by Crisdam Designs
Adventure Awaits Labels by Crisdam Designs
Adventure Awaits Alpha by Crisdam Designs
Cindy's Layered Templates - Set 126 by Cindy Schneider 

That is it for my new releases this week! There are so many GORGEOUS new goodies at Scrap Orchard...make sure you stop by and check them out!

Keep an eye out for THIS weeks new release cause I am going to have something that has been weeks in the making! Something that I am SUPER excited about, and will give YOU, the scrapper, some hands-on instruction!! This is one you DON"T want to miss!!! 

Have a great week! 


No comments:

Post a Comment